Friday, 4 June 2010

back in the beginning, when i was still pregnant - #1

Welcome!

October 1, 2009 by nongeordiemum

So I found out on 26th August 2009 at 6.30am that I’m pregnant with my first child. My due date is 8th May 2010, just a month before the tenth anniversary of the hubby and I getting together… although we fully expect the baby to be late!

I’m thrilled to be pregnant at last, but I can’t believe that I’ll be 34 before this baby puts in an appearance. When I was a teenager I assumed I’d have kids by my mid-20s. It’s hard to understand why it’s taken so long to get around to it in some ways – especially since Paul and I have been together so long – but it’s just never been the right time, until now. We’re both at a stage in our careers where we feel it’s possible to do this. And while we can’t afford it, not really – if we wait until we can afford it we’ll never do this.

So this is where I’ll talk about what’s going on and how I’m feeling. Comments always welcome, feel free to start a chat!

No comments: