Saturday, 5 June 2010

plans for the anniversary

25 November 2010 will be a year since we found out the baby had died.

I just booked tickets for us to go and see Interpol that night.

Don't get me wrong. I think that's a pretty bizarre thing to do.

But I want to go see Interpol again, and that's the date they're playing Newcastle.

---

Last year, the day I went to hospital for the actual miscarriage, we were meant to be seeing White Lies. It just seemed to be adding insult to injury (or maybe prodding an open bleeding wound) that instead of sitting watching one of our favourite bands and wondering whether the baby would like the music, we were waiting to be discharged from the hospital, and then sitting at home wondering how on earth we were going to move on from this.

I just hope nothing goes wrong this time.

No comments: