Saturday, 5 June 2010

welcome

And thanks for dropping by.

I've spent a long time yesterday evening and today writing about my pregnancy and miscarriage. It's been really hard, but it feels good to know that I have a record of what happened. There are still things to write, but I've got a lot of it done now.

The short version of the story is that I had a missed miscarriage at the end of last year. We found out at 17 weeks that the baby had died at 13 weeks. That was my first pregnancy, and I miss the baby more than I like to admit. Even to myself.

For the (very) long version of the story, you can start off by clicking here.

We've been trying to conceive for the second time since January. This is our sixth cycle of trying again, and I'm terrified that getting pregnant will turn out to have been a fluke. That we will never get pregnant again.

I like visitors, and I like commenters, so please do click into the comments box and say hi. I'll always respond - although sometimes it will take me a while! Tell me what you think of this site or a specific post. Don't be spam though. I hate spam comments and will delete them promptly. I don't plan to moderate comments unless I start to receive horrible ones. I don't want to stop people commenting anonymously either, so please don't abuse that.

And for anyone who is here because they have lost a baby - I am so sorry that you are on this painful road too.

4 comments:

lis said...

well, im glad we have each other. and things seem to be getting the tiniest bit brighter for you if im not mistaken? im happy to see that.
xoxo

B said...

I'm glad we have each other too :)

And yes, i'm getting brighter again... although I've had a really nasty cold the last few days and I've been feeling extremely sorry for myself! But in myself, yes. I've been feeling a lot better. Long may it continue.

Thanks for dropping in, honey. xx

mare said...

Hi B! Just stopping by to see the new blog. I am glad you are feeling better.

B said...

Thank you and thank you, mare.