Monday, 5 July 2010

by the way...

I still haven't started writing the book, but I'm getting antsy with the longing to do so. The problem is that I've realised that before starting a book for others, I need to write out my whole story first. I've written a lot of it here, and I plan to write more (... still not quite there yet) but I need to finish my own story first. I need to get it all out of my head before I can start writing for other people.

But it's hard to find the time and the space to do so. My house is a tip; D does his best to keep things tidy, but I need to look through a lot of things and work out what the hell needs doing with them. And I find it really hard to concentrate on writing – writing anything, except blog posts I suppose – when I'm at home and the piles of stuff that are lying around are looking at me.

I'm tempted to take a couple of days off to try and deal with them. The problem is that when I do that, I usually just lie around and watch the Gilmore Girls and maybe manage to make myself do the washing up, but that's about it. D gets home from work and I try and pretend I've been busy, but he sees right through me.

Ah well. Maybe one day....

2 comments:

car said...

Okay this is silly, but I love the Gilmore Girls too. Even though I have about 200 channels to watch, the old episodes are only on once a week. I wish I had them for a daily distraction.

B said...

not silly at all! it's on monday-friday here - and the episode is shown at both lunchtime and mid afternoon. proper comfort viewing. and they work well as a distraction.