Saturday, 3 July 2010

I've just been absolutely floored.

My friend Caroline has a new book out. It's called Like Bees to Honey. It's excellent. You should buy it.

And as part of the awareness-raising for this book, a friend of Caroline's has created the Hive, an 'experiment in social interaction that aims to build on the successful Black Boxes blog widget. The inspiration for the experiment is Caroline’s newest novel – Like Bees to Honey.'

The Hive asks questions. 'should i have one more?' 'do you like it hot?' 'do we still need toenails?' from the profound to the mundane. I've been playing around.

And then it asked me this.

'Is it better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all?'

And I don't know.

I honestly don't know.

It's a question I just can't answer.

2 comments:

Catherine W said...

To have loved and lost. Every time. IMHO.

B said...

i think you're right, catherine, but some days i'm not sure.