Monday, 4 October 2010

IVF news stories

Thought some of you might find these interesting:

This looks at the selection of embryos and success rates.

Having IVF means that your chance of having a boy increases slightly (the article makes it sounds like it's suddenly 70-30, but actually it's 56-44 as opposed to 51-49).

This one talks about a test that gives you a better idea of your likely success with IVF.

---

i've still been mostly unable to cry. i did cry though at my counselling appointment this afternoon. it felt like a relief.

my counsellor thinks that repressed anger might be making it harder for me to cry. i'm going to try and work through that these next few days.

4 comments:

therootofallevel said...

don't beat yourself up about 'not-crying-all-hours-of-the-day-even-though-i-feel-like-i-want-to.' it doesn't mean that you aren't grieving any less than someone does.

i'm not much of a crier myself. in fact, i didn't cry until a few days AFTER my son was stillborn. i felt like the worst mother alive for not bursting into tears that fateful night, but i just couldn't… i still can't.

you put your grief/emotions into words. there is a lot to be said about that. you are dealing with your emotions the best way you know how --- your words will last longer than tears.

there is no wrong way to grieve. it's just different for us all. (we just happen to be alike, and i love that part of us!)

sending you my love. all of it!
j:

Miss Ruby said...

I agree with the above, there is NO right way to grieve, everyone grieves the way they know how to, the way that feels right to them.

I grieve through words, I type it out, write it out, just to get it out. Yes I cry too [probably too much] but it's the writing that helps me the most.

Sending you warm squishy giant bear hugs your way! Not long til I can give you one for real!

xxxx

Illanare said...

What the other two said, with added hugs and warm thoughts.

B said...

thank you all for understanding. you are lovely.