Tuesday, 16 November 2010

i arrived at the hospital early. i was waiting outside the EPAC for D when the fire alarm went off and all the doors shut. and not a member of staff in sight.

in the end some staff turned up. they put me in the day room off one of the wards. i tried to call D to let him know but i couldn't get through. i was terrified they were going to make me go in and start before he turned up. i ended up in tears in the day room.

he got through to me in the end though; said they wouldn't let him upstairs yet but he'd be there as soon as he could.

it felt like forever but in the end the alarm was switched off. a nurse told us we could go back to the EPAC. when i got out D was just arriving. such a relief.

---

i'm not quite sure how to say this. i was so adamant that everything was wrong.

the nurse started the scan, then looked up at us and said 'the baby's fine!' in a kind of 'what on earth are you here for?' kind of tone of voice.

last week it measured 7+1, apparently.

this week it measured about 9 weeks.

so it's doing pretty well in there.

---

thank you so much for being there for me, everyone. it means the world.

---

my 12 week scan is scheduled for 2 december. as far as i'm concerned i should be 10 weeks 6 days then. if today's 9 weeks was correct though i'll be about 11+3.

so just over two weeks to get through til we can have another peek.

i'll try not to go too crackers between now and then.

23 comments:

Angela said...

I've been waiting for this update. I'm so happy for you and your baby!! It's good to hear that baby is strong and growing. I hope you feel some relief after the scan. And December 2nd isn't too far off. I'm just bursting with joy for you right now.

car said...

So happy to here that everything is good, especially after all the stress of the last week.

Helen said...

Oh B I can't tell you how overjoyed I am.xx

Merry said...

I am so pleased (and resisting the temptation to say 'told you so!')

Ooops :D

sarah said...

I've been waiting for this update as well. B, I am so happy for you. And I'm sending lots of love and putting it out there to the Universe that you deserve to have some breathing easy time now.

So very glad for you.

love, sarah

Anonymous said...

I am very happy for you, I know must be difficult but try to relax and trust the universe...Greetings, Claudia

Jenn said...

Congrats, B. What great news. xx

Illanare said...

(o)

Big Love, Big Acceptance - or so I say said...

Eeeee. So happy to hear the good news!

New Blogger said...

I read your blog pretty regularly, but I almost never comment on blogs that I read. I was going to tell you - since you had a scan just a couple of days before, I always had spotting after a scan both internally and externally. I think it is caused by the amount of pressure they have to use at this early stage. I am glad to hear that all is well.

Jorgelina said...

Such a relief to have this bit of good news! I know it's inevitable to start worrying again, but maybe for now, even if it's for no more than a couple of days, just indulge in taking a deep breath and feel happy about this. My thoughts are always with you, praying for you and your baby. *hugs*

Maddie said...

So glad things are looking good. Have more scans if it helps - I had three scans before my 12 week scan.

Maddie x

Angie said...

I'm glad everything is looking great!

Honestly, I think it comes and goes in waves. Yesterday I seriously had a panic attack at the doctor's office while they were taking my blood pressure. I have an ultrasound and I'm reassured for about a week, maybe two. Even though we have our own doppler at home and I have found the baby's heartbeat many many times between my appointments and ultrasounds, it's still really hard not to expect the worst. (I highly recommend getting your own doppler, they sell them on Amazon and Ebay, as long as you can be okay with the fact that you may not be able to regularly find it until you are farther along.)

Melissa said...

So glad everything is looking fine. And I won't begrudge anyone for worrying about bleeding and spotting.

When I had my m/c, I had spotting in the form of a very small amount of tinged mucus. Maybe it was just coincidental paranoia, maybe I just "knew" but I remember standing there in the toilet and yelling "NO!" down at the TP. And that was how I ended up at the OB that morning and seeing the empty sac.

Better safe than sorry.

Catherine W said...

Yay! Glad that your little one is growing so beautifully and so, so glad that there was nothing to worry about. And, as Melissa says, always better safe than sorry. And it's less anxiety inducing that way too. xo

Julie said...

Will you start posting happy-happy-baby-things now ;)

So glad to hear the news mama. Was thinking of you so much these past few days!

Love you!

Miss Ruby said...

(o)

brianna said...

Wonderful news. I am very happy for you.

R. said...

I am so relieved and happy for you.

db said...

Goodness, I'm so relieved, too. :-)

MK said...

Great news. Next time the nurse looks at you or talks to you like your crazy, unleash the world of miscarriage and baby loss on her. That's what I did and I've gotten more handholding and anti-anxiety drugs then I could ever want. If you need them, ask for them.

Tears in November said...

Oh B so happy things are going well for you and baby. I am not around as much as I used to be but i still think of you and pray all is well.

Kelly said...

What amazing news!! I'm so, so happy for you!