Friday, 10 December 2010

i know that a lot of my readers here are babyloss people who have probably seen this quote already, but i still wanted to share it, because it's very powerful.

'If you know someone who has lost a child or lost anybody who's important to them, and you're afraid to mention them because you think you might make them sad by reminding them that they died, they didn't forget they died. You're not reminding them. What you're reminding them of is that you remember that they lived, and that's a great, great gift.'

Elizabeth Edwards. Lovely quote, but so, so sad that it's necessary.

4 comments:

Roxyroo said...

Thanks for posting this. It's so true, people do act like if no one talks about it then we won't remember.

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I read this a while back after our first loss and it helped so much. I wanted to forward it to everyone I know.

cullensblessings said...

I love it.. thinking of you B.....

Jenn said...

Such a wonderful quote. Thanks for sharing.