Tuesday, 25 January 2011

fourteeen months

fourteen months ago today.

life keeps moving on.

my snowflake seems so long ago, and so far away.

and almost like something that happened to someone else.

in some ways i'm grateful for the anxiety. it's a physical reminder of my grief.

sh.it. i should really remember to tell my therapist about that.

---

i miss you, my little one. i haven't forgotten. even though some days it feels like i have.

i wish you were here too and i was trying to figure out how to prepare you for your sibling.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

This is a perfect illustration of the way it hurts to heal.

Elizabeth McCracken writes in her book something like "your love for one child magnifies your love for the other" (I'm probably slaughtering that quote, but you get the idea).

You haven't forgotten. You've just learned to cope. And that's ok. From where I'm sitting, it looks like a good thing although I can still understand the conflicting emotions.

I'm sorry you're not tripping over a toddler. I'm glad this baby is bringing more light to your life.

Kelly said...

You're in my thoughts today. (((HUGS)))

Illanare said...

(o)

Jenn said...

Thinking of you and snowflake today. (hugs)